Tuesday, October 11, 2011

CGHub Creature Planet #50






What's up everyone!

There's a contest over on CGHub right now. I haven't taken part in one of these before but was...coerced by Jon Baker and Raul Ramos to join in this time around, and I gotta say this stuff is pretty cool. I'm having fun exploring my own world and it's inhabitants. Apparently the contest requires it's contestants to show process work throughout, which put a damper in my plan to save everything for the deadline. BUT! Here we are. Welcome to Planet Eon 14 G.a, a tidally locked ball of ice on the outskirts of Galaxy A (working title...)

The spheres at the top are a deconstruction from left to right of how I built this planet in photoshop. Just some custom brushes, photo textures and color adjustments. First time trying one of these so I looked up a few helpful tutorials on deviant to get me started. Might try a few more in the future if there's a time and a place for it.

I'll be posting more as time goes on. The deadline is October 28th so I'll definitely have final pieces to show by then.

Laters.

2 comments:

  1. That looks pretty good man! Could you possibly tell me which tutorials you used? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks! Sorry it took so long to respond. I've been having some troubles with my login info.

    The one that helped me out a most I think was dinyctis' off DA:

    http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=planet+tutorial#/d2i2ci

    But I also found some useful FX tuts. by ColdFlame1987:

    http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=planet+tutorial#/d39vtw

    And Sunjo:

    http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=sunjo#/d1mwmss

    Hope that helps some.

    ReplyDelete