Monday, March 26, 2012

Zbrush - Day 1

So a few buddies and I have been interested in sliding Zbrush into our concept workflow. I definitely pushed it to the back of my mind for a while but there's a show coming up and I had an idea to try and illustrate this workflow in one single piece. Not entirely sure how the final chart will look but I'm excited to give it a try.

I will say though, this has been an entirely frustrating day. BUT! Once I figured out the Zspheres and which brushes do what it's actually a very relaxing way to work.



This is a crop of a much larger sculpt for the show so you can probably pick out some of the topology in this shot; because it's never meant to be seen this close and any higher subdivisions would slow up my system :/

Thanks for checking. Between the few freelance jobs I'm currently working on, the contest I mentioned in my previous post, the show coming up in two weeks and the portfolio building to be ready by the end of May I'm happy to say I'm feeling busy, tired, excited and a whole buncha other things right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment