Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Diablo 3: Portrait of a Champion

Happy May to all of you! So Blizzard was doing an art contest for the infamous "Diablo 3" title that's going to be released in about 2 weeks, and I thought I'd take a crack at it. Some really fantastic and impressive entries up there so far. Had no idea how vast the Diablo fanbase was.



Was a nice and complex adventure for me that I thought merited a little explanation (and by little I mean not at all.)

So if you're interested here's the tutorial I wrote up that walks you through my process.

Thanks much!

-D

P.S. I did finish the Zbrush experiment that I posted earlier and threw it up on my website. But I think there's some changes I'd like to make before I start promoting that piece. I need to get the whole process into a character concept sheet rather than just two separate illustrations. Will have more concept work to show by the end of the month!

3 comments: