This first piece I started just today actually. Had to push it off for a bit while I tackled the Fubar characters, so this stage represents 50% completion. I'll make sure to post a tutorial once it's done sometime by the end of the week.
For now, I started by building a basic block-out in Sketchup from a top-down view Adam provided the team a while back. I took a few shots and played around with some values in the early thumbnails.
But my build wasn't nearly as accurate as what the team had already begun to construct. So Liam shot me a few screens of their current model and I used this to begin the paintover process.
Thanks for looking! Like I said, should have this guy finished by the end of the week. I need to get through some more album revisions and work on a logo for a new client for tomorrow, but my late nights from 10-2 have been set aside for personal work/mod projects. I'm really enjoying this new sleep schedule outside of classes..